In this post-modern world, it is quite difficult to think of an industrial world without saws. Leave alone hacksaws. In fact, Bob Irvine, an inventor, got a lot of money for creating the world’s biggest concrete saw. Getting back to the point, a concrete saw is a mechanical tool used in the construction industry to cut concrete, rocks, pebbles, tiles, and other solid stuff.
In reality, you may find an infinite number of concrete cutting saws in online stores. It is disgusting to do thorough research only to end up buying a second-rated concrete saw. However, this article will give you real information, based on customer reviews, to help you in choosing the best concrete saw. Usually, concrete saws are medium in size. A concrete saw compares to the size of a small generator. Concrete saws are not the featherweights. To overcome their weight, concrete saws roll over the ground. Besides, the prices of concrete saws vary from place to place. Granted that you want the best concrete saw, you should have at least $200.
Smart Strategies I Used To Get The Best Concrete Saws
We have all been there. Decision-making is hard, especially on things that might cost a fortune. At the time of purchase, please consider other factors like the work environment, weight, and difficulty of use. In this case, we only focused on two killer tips.
The 6 Best Concrete Saws You Should Be Using
Hilti DSH 700
When it comes to concrete cutting saws, the saws can either run on electricity, oil, or gas. As can be seen from its name, it is powered by gas. Only weighing 13.7 kilograms, the Hilti DSH qualifies to be an efficient hand-held concrete cutting saw. Although it is not a perfect cuboid, its size is 28.5×17.6×10.9 inches. Surprisingly, it fetches an arm and a leg.
Could the price be an indication of higher performance? We will look at it from customer concrete saw reviews. This gas cutting concrete saw comes with an additional stand on a purchase. Since the concrete cutting saw is hand-held, it becomes easy to use.
It has an intelligent engine system to maximize the cutting speed. Consequently, one can cut a large area within few minutes. Can you imagine cutting through concrete? It comes with some dust and dirt, which may penetrate the inside of the concrete cutter. Even though, this hand-held gas saw has a powerful cleaning system. The cleaning system filters out air, preventing inside damage by particles carried by air. Besides, it has a control feature known as combined choke and gas. The feature ensures easy navigation when using this equipment. Besides, the cutting tool has reversible wheels, meaning it can move in all directions. Fixed wheels are also necessary since they give the concrete cutting saw a strong fixed position. Finally, when cutting rough surfaces like concrete, you must expect vibrations. If one is using a substandard concrete cutting saw, then he/she may not tolerate the vibrations. With Hilti DSH 700 14″ Hand Held Gas Saw on board, no more vibrations. It is as a result of AVR, a three-point vibration absorbing system. The vibration-absorbing technology frees users from disturbance.
You can get this best concrete saw on Amazon, officially sold by HiltiPros Professional Tools. The sellers have a shocking 80% positive feedback on Amazon.
- The product has good performance.
- It arrives on time once ordered.
- One can use it whether wet or dry.
- Easy to start and run.
- Light in weight, which enhances proper handling.
- It does not have a hosepipe to connect with water.
- One user had to take it for servicing before using.
Evolution DISCCUT1 12-Inch Disc Cutter
Having an average rating of 4.6 out of 325 concrete saw reviews, Evolution DISCCUT1 12-Inch Disc Cutter, Orange becomes our best electric concrete saw. It may please some of you to hear that its price is fair, only $210. The concrete cutting saw runs on electricity, which is available in many parts of the world. The product measures roughly 12 inches, which is estimated diagonally.
When it comes to dimensions, its 19 inches long, 22 inches wide, and 15 inches high. In addition, Evolution DISCCUT1 12-Inch Disc Cutter, Orange weighs only 9 kilograms, which translates to 12 pounds. Earlier on, we talked of performance. Certainly, the concrete cutting saw has a speed of 5,000 RPM. What is RPM? You have 5,000 Rotations Per Minute. That is a perfect speed.
Besides, the electric concrete saw economizes on electricity. Having a rating of 1800 Watts, and 15 Amperes, the electric concrete saw ranks far much better than other concrete cutting saws.
Since the electric concrete saw runs on electricity, it is possible to use in enclosed areas. Unlike other oil and gas-powered concrete saws, this concrete saw does not emit fumes.
The no-nonsense electric disc cutter is able to pass through hard concrete, hard stones and paving like nobody’s business.
In addition, it has handles at the front, middle and rear areas. The handles make it easy for use in any position, whether vertical or horizontal.
Did you know that Diamond is the hardest mineral? For this reason, the electric concrete cutter has a 12-inch diamond blade, which enables it cut through 4 inches of concrete per rotation. In conclusion, the concrete cutting saw has a spindle lock mechanism, to allow replacement of worn out blades.
- No delivery issues.
- It has a good performance.
- It is relatively cheap, compared to other concrete cutting saws.
- The electric concrete saw cuts easily through hard materials.
- Its well-built body makes it durable.
- It is light and well balanced, unlike other concrete cutting saws, which may be heavier on one side.
- It can be used wet, or dry.
- It generates a lot of dust and has no water to calm the dust.
- OIt has a weak trigger switch, which makes users use their creativity in powering the tool on.
- The free diamond blade does not last long.
- The 4-inch cut is small, compared to average concrete saws, which cuts through 6 inches.
Hitachi CC12Y 15-Amp AC/DC Handheld Cut-Off Saw
It is shocking that this handheld concrete saw weighs 30.5 pounds, approximately 13 kilograms. When it comes to size, it is 28.7 inches long, 13.1 inches wide and 11.2 inches high. In reality, when it comes to concrete cutting saws, contractors want nothing short of performance. Power mainly influences the performance of concrete cutting saws; this handheld concrete saw has a voltage of 115 Volts and 15 Amperes. These values produce a power of 1725 Watts.
This Hitachi CC12Y 15-Amp 12-Inch Handheld Abrasive Cut-Off Saw is able to cut through concrete edges hence making them uniform. Besides, it makes a quality speed of 5000 blade rotations per minute. With this in mind, it is able to cut bricks and concrete quickly.
As a matter of fact, it has a carbon brush to clean sensitive parts of the tool. The carbon brush is automated to stop at given intervals to wipe the handheld concrete saw. This feature ensures a higher lifespan of the electric concrete saw. In addition, it has a broad base to ensure that the user is in an excellent cutting stability. When it comes to packaging, it comes with a metal cutting wheel, a wrench, a hex bar spanner wrench, and a masonry-cutting wheel
Buyers of this product are entitled to a one-year warranty.
- It is good for the price.
- It is suitable for occasional use, as it will remain durable.
- Uses little effort to cut.
- It has a medium difficulty of use-its easy to change blades.
- It is able to cut even thick concrete easily.
- The saw runs towards the user, making it risky and difficult to use.
- It is Slightly bulky.
- It uses a lot of power.
- Having 230.5 ponds makes it challenging to cut through a vertical wall.
- It has a weak stability; making it kick any time the user loses concentration.
Husqvarna 967181002 K760 II
After reading many reviews on best concrete saws, you might have started preferring electric saws to gas saws. However, the demerits associated with other gas saws might not apply to this concrete cut off saw. In this case, the concrete cut off saw boasts of reduced vibrations, air filtration system and a quick start system.
While most of concrete cut-off saws take some time to rank high in Amazon ranks, the Husqvarna 967181002 K760 II 14-inch Gas Cut-Off Saw was already #5 in the tools and home improvement category.
Since it stayed in the industry for over six years, it is disappointing that the tool ships within the US alone. All in all, you are after getting the best concrete cutting saw with higher performance at a fair price. Have a look at this products’ specification before making up our mind to buy it.
The cut-off concrete saw has a size of 24 “ by 12 “ by 12” for the length, width, and height respectively. It weighs 24 pounds or 10.88 kilograms. The concrete cut-off saw costs $829, inclusive of shipping fees and a 26% discount. This cut-off saw is gas powered. Besides, it has a twelve-month limited warranty. Here holds the advantages and disadvantages of using Husqvarna 967181002 K760 II 14-inch Gas Cut-Off Saw.
- The cut-off saw cuts great; it is good for its price.
- Its 14-inch blade increases its efficiency.
- There is fast shipping within the United States.
- Users who ordered this equipment have expressed their happiness about quick delivery.
- Little troubleshooting, you will rarely have issues with this concrete cut-off saw.
- It is lightweight.
- It has a high-quality blade.
- You must empty the gas tank regularly to avoid usage problems.
- The concrete cut-off saw is not eligible for international shipping.
This Makita model is one of the most iconic cement saws ever created. So, you think it is recommended? Let us prove. While other gas and electric concrete saws are rated in Watts, this concrete cutting saw is rated in Kilowatts. In fact, it ought to have one of the highest values of rotations per minute when it comes to concrete saws.
As electric saws become an increasingly popular alternative to oil and gas concrete saws, more people are considering the option. However, before diving headlong into modern trends, be sure to consider these points. First, know the product details. It weighs 34 pounds, which makes it easy for use in cutting both vertical, and horizontal planes.
From the picture, you can attest to the fact that the recommended cement saw has friendly dimensions. According to its manufacturer, its 12 by 27 by 16 inches. As said earlier, its power measures in Kilowatts, 4KW in particular. For this reason, the Makita model is able to produce 9, 350 Rotations Per Minute.
On the negative side, it is important to note that this concrete cutting saw is run on oil, making it hard to use in enclosed areas as it emits fumes. All in all, it has five air chambers, to let in air in specific directions to aerate the saw. As a result, the cement saw remains clean and stainless.
Also, it has a well-designed fuel regulating carbonator that reduces amount of fuel consumed. Its engineers designed the concrete cutting saw to have a fast ignition and a broad range of blade positioning.
- It has a lot of power and starts quickly.
- It quickly cuts through brick.
- After a difficult beginning, the machine turns out to be a great cutting saw.
- Lightweight, which facilitates good handling.
- A good model with a poor saw blade.
- It is easy to flood and will not start after flooding.
After doing proactive research on Amazon website, we found that the cheapest retailer of this product is On Time Supply, selling at $1,090. On Time Supply has a 99% positive feedback. Since it costs high, you should strive to get a trusted supplier. This concrete cutting brick saw can cut through bricks, cement, concrete, and tiles. It weighs 28.4 pounds, making it slightly portable. The brick saw has 28 x 12 x 19 inches as its dimensions. In addition, it has a power of 3, 130 Watts. It uses neither oil nor electricity. Just gas.
As we all know, oil is hydrophobic to water. To explain that further, oil does not mix with water. If oil mixes with water in the presence of heat, it may cause an explosion. For this reason, the brick saw is in such a way that oil does not mix.
The engine vibrates in a low bracing pitch, producing little noise. The little noise brings a good work environment. Besides, it has a good fuel delivery system, to reduce clogging. This clogging has to do with mixing of oil and water.
Given the fact that it uses only 45 gallons of oil per hour, the brick saw saves on energy. Finally, it has a three-ring piston concocted for enhanced productivity, durability, and reduced carbon exhaust emission. The packaging of the brick saw. The shipped unit will contain a Wrench Torx, Screwdriver, an Adapter Ring, and an oil bottle supply pack.
- Quiet and calm, there is no need to worry about vibrations, disturbance, and uncomfortable feelings.
- Unlike other concrete cutting saws, which collect a lot of heat, this brick saw does not burn up.
- It has a nice 4-stroke performance.
- The concrete saw is expensive.
In conclusion, use this no-nonsense best concrete saws review to discover the best concrete saws on the market. Whichever product you pick from the list, you get a price that suits performance. You know that having a glimpse of customer reviews can help you in deciding on whether to buy or not. However, in this comparison review, there is all you need to know about the best concrete saws. Ranging from manufacturers product information, up to what people say about the concrete cutting saw. For that reason, there is no necessity for twining concrete saw reviews on Amazon, as all elements have been covered.
Teams in road construction, rail, rescue teams, general contractors, masons, welders and any other building professional should use this comprehensive review to discover value for their money. There is so much about electric, oil and gas-powered concrete saw fallacies. By now, you should have realized that the kind of fuel does not determine the power on a concrete cutting saw, but its design. All saws in this concrete saw review is good. Grab one that suits your budget. There go the six Superb Concrete Saws For Construction Pros.
Hilti DSH 700
- DSH 700
- Robust & versatile the Evolution electric disc cutter easily cuts concrete even tough reinforced concrete, stone, brick, paving and other materials.
- Safe & economical, the 15Amp (1800W) hi-torque, electric motor means no harmful fumes. Alternative to high maintenance, petrol-powered disc cutters!
- The ergonomic soft-grip, mid-position, front and rear support handles are positioned -to aid accurate cutting in both horizontal and vertical modes.
- Supplied with a 12" diamond blade, the disc cutter can achieve a large 4" max. cutting depth through progressive / incremental cutting.
- The safety guard is fully adjustable. The spindle lock mechanism allows simple blade replacement.
- 15 Amp motor, forcible power for tough cutting jobs
- 4" max cutting depth for efficient cutting performance
- Replaceable cutting wheel, without removal of base for quick changes
- AC/DC, adds flexibility in various locations
- 23.1 lbs, portable design facilitates maneuverability and ease of use
Husqvarna Husqvarna 967181002 K760 II
- Optimized performance with new cylinder
- Reduced vibrations
- New active air filtration
- Dura Starter
Too low to display
- Five stage filtration system with advanced directional air flow, provides cleaner air for better saw performance
- Carburetor engineered with improved deco-valve and metering spring for precise fuel regulation at start up.
- New ignition coil with start-support function stores electrical energy with each pull for easier start ups
- Improved ignition system with large flywheel and rare earth magnets create more efficient power.
- Reinforced aluminum blade guard with 70 degrees range of limitless positioning using a marked knob handle
1 used from $ 1,013.37
- No oil mixing simplifies operation and prevents engine failure due to improper mix
- Lower noise at 92.7 dB(A) and smoother Idle for continuous operation
- Lower fuel consumption at .45 gallons per hour
- Reduced exhaust and intake carbon build-up for longer cylinder life
- Three ring piston for improved commercial engine durability