Admit it. Laser beams are one of the most iconic inventions ever made. As laser level tools require little labor to use, many people are considering the option. Whether you are an engineer, surveyor, or contractor, there is a perfection you achieve from using the best laser levels. There is an infinite number of advantages of using laser levels. As a matter of fact, if you want to make an accurate straight line, then you should consider using laser levels. However, before diving headlong into the 9 best laser level reviews, here are important factors we put into consideration before picking the laser levels.
- Affordability – Are you looking for a pocket-friendly laser level? You will find several in this laser level review.
- Ease of use – You can attest to the fact that traditional lasers are difficult to use. Right from mounting, to manual work. Especially for beginners, such a process can be hectic. For this reason, you can find the best self-leveling lasers in these laser level reviews.
- Laser Technology – Like any other technical field, laser levels improve day by day. With this technology in mind, we picked laser levels with the right technology. Including pulsing light technology, and plumb up and down technology. All explained.
- Visibility – Does the laser level have the right quality of laser beams that are least affected by suns rays? If yes, then the laser level is suitable for outdoor activities.
Laser levels categorize into three main subcategories. This laser level review covers all the types ranging from rotary laser levels, line laser levels, horizontal and vertical laser levels.
Best Rotary Levels
Topcon RL-H4C Rotary Laser Horizontal Level (Best Outdoor Laser Level)
The fact that makes rotating laser levels unique is a single line generator, which makes them ideal outdoor laser levels. This rotary laser level is relatively small, compared to other rotary laser levels. It measures 7” by 8.5” by 7.7 inches in length, width, and height respectively. Again, it weighs only 14 pounds. As can be seen from the weight and size, it is an ideal outdoor laser level, as it is portable. Besides, from customer laser reviews, you can conclude that it is easy to use.
Unlike its predecessor, the Topcon RL-H4C Rotary Laser Horizontal Level Dry Battery is of a higher quality, and ships fast.
- The Slope Matching feature allows easy configuration where one controls the laser using two buttons.
- The rotating laser level runs at 600 Rotations Per Minute. This RPM is an average value. Note that higher RPM consumes a lot of fuel, and brings more vibrations hence making the user uncomfortable.
- It is water and dust proof, making it durable.
- From its name, it uses a dry cell. The cell is too powerful to stand for 80 hours! Also, it automatically shuts down after 30 minutes of non-stop use. This automaticity conserves battery life.
- A duplex LCD.
- A dual-handle design makes the rotary laser level easy to use.
If you happen to buy this laser level, confirm that it has a battery holder, a five-year warranty form, a carrying case, and a user manual.
Johnson Level & Tool 99-026K (Best Multipurpose Rotary Laser Level)
It has a rotary system that works both indoors and outdoors. Their product manufacturer explains. Weighing only 28.8 pounds, which translates to 13 kilograms, this rotary laser level works far much better those other laser levels. When you talk of size, then it is 12.2 x 12.2 x 55.8 inches. Besides, it has a 4-Ampere battery, to enable it to rotate 360 degrees.
In addition, it has an IP rating of 54, and a one-sided LED (Light Emitting Diode) detector.
- It is a multipurpose dual laser level, as its design works for both indoor and outdoor use.
- It is easy to turn on and use. After turning the transportation lock on, the laser levels itself in both horizontal and vertical axes.
- Complete angle coverage of 360 degrees.
- The rotary laser has three rotational speeds. For instance, it rotates at 200, 400 and 600 Rotations Per Minute. One can adjust the rates to suit their environment.
- It has a self-leveling horizontal plane. For this reason, one does not need manual labor for the plane.
- It has a grade rod-mounting bracket to enhance durability.
- While other laser levels require physical adjustments, this rotary level has an additional split beam feature to make an accurate 90-degree angle between horizontal and vertical beams.
- The rotary laser level is waterproof. Besides, there are modifications made to protect it from dirt.
In conclusion, the self-leveling rotary laser system comes in a unique package. For instance, it has four alkaline batteries, a soft-sided carrying case, laser beam enhancement glasses, an instructional manual, tripod stand, an aluminum grade rod, detector with two alkaline batteries and clamp.
Bosch GRL400HCK Exterior Self-Leveling Rotary Laser
Robert Bosch’s engineering company has always made products that spur enthusiasm. In February 2012, the best self-leveling laser came. Since then, many advances have been made, leading to an accredited frustration-free certification. For this reason, you will not feel frustrated for spending good cash on this rotary laser level.
This item weighs 17.5 pounds. It is equally important to know the size of a product gives us a hint on portability and handling.
The Bosch GRL400HCK Exterior Self-Leveling Rotary Laser is 10.2 x 6.9 x 9.8 inches in size.
In reality, technology makes work more comfortable. Over the past decade, laser technology has made significant prowess. What are these features, which make this laser level work?
- It uses patented features like the dual-laser system. In this case, many laser beams are combined to form a single laser beam, which increases the rotary laser power. As a result, horizontal lasers can work in both outdoor and indoor applications.
- The rotary laser has a high working distance, also known as a working range. To explain further, it has a working range of 1,300 ft. Within the working range, there is an accuracy ideal for outdoor activities.
- Besides, it has a good pendulum self-leveling system. The latter ensures that no part is higher than the other.
- Motorized micro fine plumb orientation – gives one a chance to adjust beams from left to right without moving the whole tool.
- The well-designed glass protects the full equipment, guaranteeing durability.
- It has an IP rating of 56, where five means degree of protection from human, and 6 means the degree of rotary equipment protection from environmental factors like dust, and moisture.
- Beam customization 6-lengths
- Besides, the self-leveling laser has 3 rotation speeds of 350, 600, and 1200 RPM.
- One can quickly adjust settings and lighting intensities.
Best Line Lasers
Qooltek Multipurpose Laser Level
If you have been looking for the cheapest laser level reviews, then this is the right place. In reality, the line lasers range from $10-$50. When talking about line lasers, users want straight lines. After sampling hundreds of various models, we found this multipurpose laser measure cheap and effective. It will help you save time, labor and cash. Of course, this is not the only good line laser level in existence, but we have many more. However, it had a dramatic and an eye-catching design that made us explore its full features.
Surprisingly, it weighs 8 ounces, just a fraction of a kilogram. In addition, the product dimensions are 7.3 inches long, 1.1 inches wide, and 2.5 inches high. This laser line level happens to have good sales. In this case, you will not look at the sales. Instead, what did consumers say from the laser line level reviews? After proactive research, we found promising results. To explain further, look at the product features.
- It has a compelling trio combination of a fine-tuned tape measure, a triple-positioned leveling bubble, and a laser level. As a result, users achieve maximum results. In spite of that, like any other measuring instrument, this line laser level has an error of 2mm.
- Indoor oriented design – Generally, it is suitable for measuring distances on a wall, hangers, and leveling nails.
- Being a PnP device, Plug, and Play, it works efficiently on its first touch. In that, it does not need any added configurations for it to work correctly.
- In addition, it has an 8-foot measuring tape that is well calibrated.
- Back up Batteries; Currently, the manufacturer gives three dry cells batteries, to make sure you do not run out of power in the first days.
- Due to its small error value, the line laser has higher accuracy.
Tack life SC-L01 – 50 Feet Laser Level
In reality, most cross line lasers have a plumb up and down abilities. This plumbing technology helps users to find vertical axes in any work environment. Even so, latest cross line lasers have an additional pulsing technology that makes them efficient for outdoor use. If you want to make both horizontal and vertical lines, then you should consider the Tack life SC-L01 – 50 Feet Laser Level.
The Tack life SC-L01 weighs 1.3 pounds.
Unlike the Qooltek multipurpose laser level, this laser line level has a working distance of 50 feet. Also, the product dimensions are 2.9 by 2.4 by 2.8 inches. Another point, often overlooked, you can find more about the product warranty, and how to claim one from the user manual.
- It has a smart leveling system. Since all auto levels should be within a 4-degree working range, the laser beams will flash to alert as soon as you get out of the working range.
- One can use either automatic or manual mode. It has a self-leveling and manual mode.
- It has a mounting device that is easy to use, just to make sure that you do not find trouble dealing with higher heights. In addition, one can use the mounting device to turn the laser 360 degrees, hence cover all directions.
- Given the fact that it consumes a power of 1 megawatt, this power gives it an accuracy of 1/9 inch per every 30 feet. All these info regards the horizontal and vertical accuracy.
- You should have known that laser beams could be combined using the dual laser patent. For this case, there is a 10-megawatt diode, used to split beams. Furthermore, it has a battery that lasts for 12 hours, of non-stop use.
Tacklife HD60 Classic Laser Measure
So, you do not need rocket science to know how this product works. It is obvious, measuring laser lines. The reason why it qualifies to be the best laser line level is its working distance of 196 feet. John Ruskin, a prominent and social thinker, reminds us that quality is a result of intelligent effort. Look at the product design. It ranks far much better than other bulky laser line levels. First, an excellent accuracy, small in size and then, a good display.
While other laser levels measure their weight in pounds, this product weighs only 8 pounds. When you talk about product dimensions, its 4.3 inches long, 1 inch wide, and 2.4 inch high.
Here are the telltale features that distinguish this product from other laser line levels.
- It has a wide range of uses. It can measure the distance between laser lines, volumes, and areas. Even so, it can apply mathematical formulas to give accurate results. For instance, it can do measurement by Pythagoras.
- Besides, it has a number of automatic features. It shuts down the when not in use for 150 seconds. Also, it automatically calculates volume and area.
- It is dust proof.
- A good Liquid Crystal Display, that supports visibility in regions with low luminous intensity.
- The laser line level can measure up to 196 feet, with an accuracy of 1/13 inch.
- You can measure in your desired units, from meters, inches, to feet.
- It comes with two Triple-A 1.5 volt batteries, which gives a total of 4.5 V.
- It uses Laser Precise Technology, which improves visual attractiveness and functionality of a product.
Best Horizontal And Vertical Lasers
In reality, these kinds of lasers can have horizontal, vertical, or eject beams in all directions, forming a dual laser. When a laser has both horizontal and vertical beams, it is known as a cross line laser. Crossline lasers provide an angle of 90 degrees between the horizontal and vertical laser beam. In this batch of laser level review, a research was done on affordability, visibility, laser technology, and ease of use. As a result, this three-beam line laser became the best laser for its price. Let us see how it looks.
DEWALT DW089K Self-Leveling 3-Beam Line Laser weighs only 4.7 pounds.
That is only 2 kilograms, which makes it easy to use as it can move easily from one place to another. Concerning product size, it is 11.3 inches long, 10.6 inches wide, and 4.8 inches high. For the users who are interested to know more about the packaging, it comes with four double A batteries. Besides, buyers are entitled to a 3-year warranty. Also, you will get one ceiling mount, and a kit box.
- 3 laser beams – the laser seems to serve you perfectly. For instance, it not only ejects three beams, but it also does self-leveling. Self-leveling lasers reduce the need for manual control.
- It has a bright light emitting diode. This diode is twice as bright as normal diodes. This brightness increases visibility.
- Accuracy – Trust me. The accuracy of a materials used will determine the quality of the result. For this reason, this self-leveling laser beam has an accuracy of 1/8 inch.
- The manufacturer has placed one button, for easy and quick control.
- This laser battery has 30-hour battery life.
DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser
In our current world, many companies engage in a cutthroat competition to produce products and make sales. When companies like Dewalt, Bosch, and Johnson strive to compete, we get nothing but quality. It is true; some people buy products from a given line of a company only. However, you will find this product from Dewalt helpful.
A battery powers this cross line laser level. Given the fact that it only weighs 1 pound, the laser line level ranks high in portability. You are convinced that it ships fast. Its size is 9.7 inches long, 9.2 inches wide, and 4.4 inches high.
In the cart, you will have 3 Double A batteries, one self-leveling cross line laser, an acoustic ceiling mount, one kit box, and definitely a user manual. Here are the product features.
- If you are looking forward to a laser line level suitable for outdoor activities, then you may consider this option. Fact. Sunlight affects the visibility of laser beams. So, this laser level projects bright vertical and horizontal lines.
- The Pulse mode allows use with a detector.
- IP 54 resistance – Since IP is not a nano topic, I will explain briefly what these figures mean. While the first digit stands for intrusion protection, the first digit stands for moisture protection. In the Ingress Protection scale, five means that it is protected against bodies larger than 1mm. On the other hand, four means the product is protected from moisture that strikes it, less than 60 degrees from the vertical axis. All in all, it is protected.
- A Magnetic Base – The laser level has a solid magnetic base of 195 feet. The magnetism increases stability in and out of use.
- It has a 1.3 Megawatt Power output.
- An indoor clarity range of up to 100 ft. To explain further, you cannot see laser lines greater than 100ft, or 30 meters.
- It does self-leveling within a range of 4 degrees.
- It has an accuracy of 1/8 inch.
After reading through this laser review, you will agree it is classic. Before knowing the real specifications, it is equally important to know about the product size, weight, price, difficulty of use, and packaging.
First, this product weighs 11 pounds. Despite being the classic, it is easy to use. Talk of size, it is 18.6 inches long, 14.8 inches wide, and 6.2 inches high.
Surprisingly, it comes with one-month money back guarantee and an additional one year warranty.
The product dimensions are 18.6 by 14.8 by 6.2 inches. Currently, the price ranges from $458 to $1321.
- Two laser diodes, which produce laser beams with an accuracy of a ¼ inch up to 65 feet.
- It has three perpendicular 360-degree lines, which project independently.
- Vertical and horizontal planes – The laser level projects two vertical planes at 90 degrees to one horizontal plane.
- Although a laser receiver is not part of its package, it has a pulse receiver that works within 265 feet in bright light.
- Security – Who would not love a laser level that protects the pendulum when the unit goes off?
- Pendulum leveling – You can now let your job keep moving since this laser will self-level beams out of focus.
- It has a tripod mounting, and a strong magnetic base to enhance laser durability.
- The laser level rates IP 54.
- It has a readable keyboard and uses pulse technology to make the low battery blink for 5 seconds before going off.
Warning! Laser beams can be hazardous. According to scientific research, excessive exposure to laser radiations can harm the skin through thermal and photochemical burns. All in all, doesn’t every good thing have their demerits? Use this best laser review to choose one of the perfect designs available. This review is nothing, but a pile of exceptional laser levels. As a matter of fact, you will be assured that you picked the right quality, for the right price. We have simplified the hard job of finding the right laser level. There goes the 9 best laser level to try in 2018.